Rez-One: A Brand Apart
With the completion of our first student apartments in Waterloo, JD recognized the need to create a brand that would appeal to the target audience of the properties – students, their parents and investors. The positioning and communications of all JD’s student apartment developments and property management are now marketed and managed under this umbrella.
With accommodations that are safe, secure, connected and comfortable – the Rez-One brand believes that students who live well, do well. And that there is a direct relationship between key factors of a student’s living situation, and his or her likelihood of success.
Those factors are:
- Safety and Comfort: The Rez-One experience is well above most people’s expectations of dormitory living. The 24 hours security program and comfortable spacious bedrooms, modern, well- appointed kitchens, and inviting living rooms are all provided.
- Natural Light: Rez-One suites feature large windows to maximize the amount of natural light in each room and open them to the world outside.
- Connectivity: Because students need Internet access, Rez-One living includes fiber-optic connection in each suite, and WiFi access in all common areas. Most living rooms come equipped with a flat-screen television.
- Privacy: Rez-One understands the need for privacy and personal space. Our student condos are designed to accommodate one person per room, each with double bed, study desk and a private en suite washroom.
- Community: Rez-One knows that a sense of community also contributes to success. Our suites are designed to accommodate students in comfortable, manageable groups. Our common areas facilitate interaction between peers, to create a greater sense of community. And we promote on-going social activities, encourage feedback and act proactively to help students adjust to the demands and opportunities of student life and to stay on-track.
- Proximity: Rez-One properties are built with campus accessibility in mind. In the Waterloo area, our residences are just a short walk to the University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University and Conestoga College.
As well, Rez-One takes student safety and security most seriously. Our residences include a range of features to protect our tenants.
Students and parents keep up with Rez-One living and benefit from information and programs through the Rez-One website and blog.